Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 27 August 2012

Forties Does Viking???

You've heard of 80s does fifties right? Well today was Mel does forties does Viking re-enactment! :P

With the help of Heyday!

Today my hubby and I took the kids to The Last Drop Village in Bolton (we met up with my oldest friend Wendy and her family) for the Viking extravaganza. It was absolutely lashing it down though and they were packing up their tents and getting in their 4x4s erm I mean their long-boats as we arrived at about 2pm...cue tea-rooms! Yay!

Here's the piccies of my outfit before I set off


1940s Style Ladies' Swing Trousers in Dark Chocolate with Olivia Blouse - Deco Circles in Smoke

with a cardi from Primark...which is a bit too bright green for the shoes...irritatingly


Shoes are Hush Puppy ones and COMFY! It is VERY difficult to take pictures of your own feet you know!






Buy online here: Heyday:







4 comments:

  1. That is an awesome outfit!!!!! LOVE!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit...you look ace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you put the patterns and color together. I think I need to invest in a pair of wide-legged pants for fall. Wonderful inspiration.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! The blouse has little flowers on with green leaves so I just picked out the green colour. I have some pretty bright green sandals but it was raining so I went for the sage green shoes. I LOVE green shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete